Friday 28 October 2011

Why do we feel like we belong in these houses?

Its a beautifully cold clear night tonight. I can feel the coolness against my skin and entering my lungs. It feels good, and I watch my breath as I walk. Its quiet, it feels like the world is still, or that everyone is huddling into their houses. I feel like I am the only person in the world, that I will keep on walking and buildings and cars will jump out of my way.

There are only a few stars as it has only just got dark, and they are starting to peep out from behind the light.
I want to keep walking all night, and the night to never end. Just following the glare from the streetlights shooting up into the night sky. Maybe I could walk all the way home.
And then all too soon, I'm in the bright, hot kitchen. And the beat from the radio is banging hard against my head.
I want to be alone, and floating through the silent night sky.
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment